Definition of Sponsored Programs
Sponsored Programs are instructional, training, research, or service activities managed by the University and supported by external funding sources.
Sponsored programs typically include one or more of the following characteristics:
- The sponsor has established procedures for requesting support.
- Fund use is restricted to the performance of activities determined in advance that have identified goals, objectives, or desired outcomes.
- Funding amounts are approved in advance by the sponsor.
- There is a time period specified in which activities will be conducted.
- Progress reports on the conduct of activities and expenditures are typically required by the sponsor.
- The sponsor stipulates how unused funds are to be handled.